|Green Reads Book and Film Discussion Group|
Event Type: ADULT PROGRAM - REGISTERED|
Start Time: 6:00 PM
End Time: 7:15 PM
Humans know more about the moon’s surface than we do about the ocean. In her book, The Blue Wonder, author Frauke Bagusche, a marine biologist and diver, brings readers on a fascinating and beautiful deep-sea dive into the ocean. Drawing on scientific discoveries and her own research, she uses photographs and playful prose to reveal:
* deep-sea reefs that glitter like glass
* fish that converse with each other by singing––loudly
* an octopus that imitates more than fifteen other animals
* the secret behind why the sea glows at night
* “weddings” that happen amongst the coral
* underwater “drugstores”
The author re-awakens our love for the sea and ignites a desire to protect this vital habitat.
Join the Green Reads Book Discussion Group and pick up your copy of the book at the Adult Information desk!
Please include your email when registering. We will send you the Zoom link before the discussion.
Location: Zoom 1
Registration Ends: 8/11/2022 at 12:00 AM